• September 18, 2017 1:01 PM BST
      • Post(s)

Where will it start...

This platform has something...
      ???? Something entirely new
      ???? Something entirely unique
      ???? Something that no one else exclusively has
      They have: ???? YOU
      I have been testing out LinkedIn, testing out Zing and testing out other platforms too to see who would be the most responsive.
      Sadly Pharmemed isn't really competing in the grand scheme of things.
      ???? Pharmaceuticals is about networking and connectivity above all else, but I haven't heard from barely anybody about anything other than a few names spamming the feeds with job adverts.
      ???? This page isn't about just job hunting, it is about good content, good media, and good reputation. Currently, people aren't putting the effort in and it just doesn't help with the brand recognition that big names like LinkedIn are getting.
      ???? I have seen so many professionals that I am connected with on LinkedIn use this site but not one of them sharing the same content they do on LinkedIn!
      WHEN IS IT GOING TO START?
    • September 20, 2017 11:57 AM BST
      • Post(s)

Luke, thank you for these comments. They are very much appreciated.
      We are going to try to increase engagement in conversations by implementing a regular digest or newsletter over the next few weeks. At the moment, members only receive email alerts on conversations that are posted on topics they follow.
      Most members probably don’t follow a topic, so I think maybe a weekly digest on PharmeMed updates may make a big difference without being overly intrusive. We will focus in other areas to increase traffic.
      I also understand your concern about the platform being overly career focused. PharmeMed is not a job board, but we do allow free job posting. Jobs and career issues tend to be the most popular interest on most social networks and is a great to attract new members. At the moment, posted jobs are appearing in the home page feed. However, as soon as conversations kick off in a big way, we plan to remove jobs from the feed and display in the job database only.
      Currently, a lot of the large social networking platforms appear to be appearing as clones of facebook rather than focusing on the qualities that made them great in the first place. I think there is definitely an opportunity for niche social networks across different sectors to focus on topics relevant to their sector – free of spam and free of posts best placed on facebook.
      I appreciate your contributions to PharmeMed and your effort to make the site work better for everyone.
      If everyone on PharmeMed currently recommended 9 members to join – we would have about 100,000 new members overnight!
      PharmeMed may be a bit of a rough diamond at the moment, but once more and more valuable content is shared amongst members it will eventually shine bright.
    • December 21, 2017 5:25 PM GMT
      • Post(s)

Sorry Paul I never saw this post before - thank you for your very detailed reply.

For some reason I never got any notifications but I am sure that is just me.

Thanks again for your reply!

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this member by this post?

or cancel